The start of this Sunday is about to get a separate post. Let's just say the start of Sunday was actually a late wrap-up of Saturday, which is really the best way to start.
- good sermon at church - new Christmas insight, just when you think you've heard it all...turns out Herod actually was a great ruler, and did a lot of good for his people...the small flaw in it all? His ego. He was insanely afraid of losing his power, and had a wife & three sons killed at the threat of usurption.
- World's Cutest Nephew was a donkey in the Sunday School nativity. He was best at hiding at the back of the stage and trying to tip over the manger...
- lunch with my two best church friends, pastor & wife. Second trip to Swiss Chalet since landing. It's essentially the Whitespot of Ontario. Good to be reminded that pastors are just regular people, but still fantastic.
- watching Home Alone 2 with a few more girls. Laughter and near-sleep.
- discussion on awkward slips of the tongue including the pastor who combined "Playstation" and "Gameboy" to state that "every little boy wants a Playboy for Christmas," the church powerpoint typo that resulted in a hymn in which we declare that "angels prostate fall," and a brother who inadvertently wished a Jewish girl "Happy Holocaust" last year. Oops.
- home and in my pj's before 7 o'clock. Going to peruse my online reading list and eat leftovers from dinner at Carden St. Cafe last night. Lemon Ginger Saffron Chicken, to be precise.
- Extreme Makeover: Home Edition & bed at 9pm. That's the plan.