There isn't a whole lot more to say about my vacation. 70% of my waking hours were spent reading or lying with a book not open and listening to the waves. The other 30% contained these moments:
- Nightly games of Scrabble. Usually on our balcony. We're kind of like a nerdy old couple, but we embrace our inner nerd with much joy.
- Fighting the current to ride the waves. A great resistance workout, with the added bonus of floating your way back to shore.
- Bread. Sweet bread. Cuban food isn't great. But dang, do they do their bread well. It was the highlight of every meal for me.
- Daytrip into Havana with our rented car and new British friends. Adventure and laughter, sweat and sightseeing. No disasters.
- Movies on HBO and CTV Edmonton news. From 9-11pm, we knew we'd watch something entertaining, if awful. And for some strange reason, Cuba has decided that Edmonton is the best locale from which to sample Canadian television...
- People-watching. Oh, the things that you see! I might write an entire entry on the tattoos that I saw and how my desire for one has decreased as a result.
Also, top 4 industries in Cuba. See if you can arrange them in the appropriate order:
- Tobacco/Alcohol exports
- Medical services (ie, foreigners who come to Cuba for medical purposes)