Last night, I was all impromptu and fun and went to a mid-week "secret" concert. It was a mixed bag of a night. Here are my thoughts:
- Mid-week concerts should start before 10pm. Who stays out past midnight on a Tuesday!?!?
- That opening band was awful. I rarely say things so bluntly, but I did not enjoy them at all. I don't know their name, and I'm not looking it up, because I don't want to bash them. I'm sure some people like them (obviously), but I did not. At. All.
- Concerts with Karen are fun. Anything with Karen is fun. There will be sarcasm and wit and random made-up scenarios. Last night, she began the adventures of "Gay Thomas and Totally-Straight Chad." I have a feeling I will meet them again.
- Selina is a Hottie-McTottie.
- I am terrible at meeting new people. I run out of questions far too quickly to establish any sort of meaningful connection.
- Hipsters. So many. So lovely. So...something.
- People-watching is my favourite past-time. Particularly watching boys and girls interact and trying to guess who has a crush on whom.
- I like it when venues have seating. Couches = awesome. Relax and sprawl during crappy opening bands, sit back and observe between sets, stand up and look over the crowd during the actual show.
- I need to be careful about my people-watching comments. I may be talking about people I will later meet.
- Hey Ocean! is a fantastic band. I like their sound and their groove and their skills. What rock/pop band utilizes a FLUTE!? Or has six people playing percussion at once, three on the same drum kit!? I know, right.
- It was the drummer's first show with this band - you would not have known this.
- My favourite songs are "Make a New Dance Up," "Big Blue Wave," and "Liar."
- So. Tired.
(just TRY not to dance to this tune!)
(I miss Vancouver. T - 8 days til my visit!!)